Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Five Ingredient Meatloaf

This delicious meatloaf is easy to double, quick to mix and pop in the oven. It takes 1 to 1 ½ hours to bake, depending on the pan you use and how hot your oven runs. I have made this in an 8 x 8 glass dish when I’m pressed for time (since it’s thinner, it cooks quicker). Although it isn’t dry when cooked that way, I do prefer the texture and moistness of baking it in a loaf pan. (If you are feeling creative, you can customize this meatloaf easily by adding your own touches. I would recommend lightly sautéing any veggies before adding, just to be sure they soften enough during baking.)

Ingredients

2 pounds extra lean ground beef, or ground turkey

1 box of Stove Top stuffing mix (any flavor you prefer, I use Savory Herbs)

1 can of French onion soup

2 eggs

ketchup

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well by hand and place in baking dish, shaping into a square or rectangle with a flat top. Tuck your fingers down the sides of the dish to pull the meatloaf away from the edges so it will cook more evenly. Coat the top and sides with ketchup, as desired. Bake for 1 – 1 ½ hours, until no longer pink in center. (To test this, after baking for an hour, I cut the meatloaf into servings and gently lift out a center piece to check doneness. Remember that the meatloaf will continue cooking some in the pan, if you are not transferring the slices to a separate serving dish.)

This is great served with macaroni and cheese or mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. And leftovers make great sandwiches, served on hearty bread or buns with whole-grain mustard.

Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. Selena,
    I love to cook too and love new recipes. I am definitely going to try this one! I'm enjoying your blog.
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!