Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Spicy-Honey Chicken

My son, Iain, prepared this recipe for our dinner tonight, and it was delicious!


This receipe was tweaked from one I got from Cooking Light.

Ingredients

  • 3 teaspoons garlic powder (I used dehydrated garlic)
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 8-12 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
  • Cooking spray
  • 6 tablespoons honey
  • 2 teaspoons cider vinegar

Directions

Preheat broiler to 350 degrees (if able to choose heat level). Set rack on upper 1/3 of oven.

Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.

Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; liberally coat chicken with honey mixture and broil for 3-4 minutes, or until chicken is done, tenting with foil to prevent burning, if necessary.

I served this with boiled new potatoes and fresh Romaine salad. Very yummy!

1 comment:

  1. I made this for dinner tonight. Yum! Super moist with great flavor and not too spicy for the kiddos. I served it with zucchinni and mac and cheese for a quick dinner to get us out the door for VBS. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!