Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Week 1 Menu Plan

My husband's work schedule changes weekly for four weeks, then it repeats. My goal is to get an 8-week rotating menu for spring/summer and another one for fall/winter. This will give us 8 weeks of different recipes for both sets of seasons, and make good use of in-season produce.

Here is my Week 1 Menu Plan, with links to the recipes that I have on this blog already. I'll get the others posted soon, and I'll also post a weekly grocery shopping list, when I get it typed.

Monday:

Breakfast -- Oatmeal or Cereal
Lunch -- Grilled Chicken Sausages
Dinner -- White Chicken Chili with corn muffins

Tuesday:

Breakfast -- Oatmeal or Cereal
Lunch -- Leftover White Chicken Chili
Dinner -- Grilled Sirloin stead & Roasted Veggies

Wednesday:

Breakfast -- Muffins or Cereal
Lunch -- Leftover Roasted Veggies with rotini pasta
Dinner -- Tuna Cakes, steamed baby peas, mac & cheese

Thursday:

Breakfast -- Popovers & eggs or Cereal
Lunch -- Leftover tuna cakes
Dinner -- Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken & broccoli with rice

Friday:

Breakfast -- Oatmeal or Cereal
Lunch -- Leftover Balsamic chicken
Dinner -- Beef Enchiladas, refried beans and rice

Saturday:

Breakfast -- Oatmeal or Cereal
Lunch -- Pepperoni rolls
Dinner -- Parmesan chicken, mashed potatoes, corn & broccoli

Sunday:

Breakfast -- French toast & bacon
Lunch -- Crock Pot spaghetti & meatballs (prep in early morning)
Dinner -- Spaghetti leftovers, or meatball hoagies


Today is Saturday, and it isn't my favorite day to shop at Walmart, mostly because they are so busy and are usually low on produce. But, I have to go when I can, and it is easier to think when I can leave my kids at home with Dad. :)

I'll get recipes and links up for those that aren't linked yet, as soon as I can.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy menu plan. I really like the idea of using the leftover veggies with some pasta for lunch.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!