Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

BBQ Beef and Beans

I came up with this spur of the moment tonight, since I'm trying to use up things in my pantry and fridge before I buy more food. This tastes great by itself, or you could jazz it up with peppers, sour cream and shredded cheddar. I was going to serve it alone, with corn-cheddar muffins, but I'm going to fix some mashed potatoes to serve it over instead, since I have a bag of them in my pantry! Regardless of how you use it, this couldn't be much easier to make.

Ingredients

1 lb of extra-lean ground beef
1 can of tomato sauce
1 can of kidney beans, drained
1 can of black beans, drained
1/4 cup of BBQ sauce (your favorite kind)
1 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions

In a large skillet or dutch oven, brown the beef with the onion powder and salt and pepper. Add the tomato sauce, beans and BBQ sauce and stir well, then bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. You can serve once heated through, or simmer for 15-30 minutes. You may need to add some water, if it gets too thick, but you can basically simmer this as long as you want. Just know that the flavors will deepen, the longer you cook it.)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I have leftover pinto beans from earlier this week. I think I see tomorrow's lunch here. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!