Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Yummy Cereal Bars

These tasty treats are a snap to make, and much healthier than candy bars or brownies. You can substitute your favorite cereal for the "Cheerios," but I personally think they make this taste fabulous. (And isn't this a cute plate that I found at my local Big Lots store?)



Ingredients

Just so you know, I don't measure anything when I make these, so feel free to eyeball it, if you are comfortable doing that. The biggest issue is not adding too much cereal because then it won't get covered well.

  • 1 cup marshmallow creme 
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter (I have used regular and chunky)
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1/2 to 1 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, optional (personal preference, here)
  • 2 cups cereal of your choice (I use "Cheerios" brand honey-nut flavor) 
  • Cooking spray


Directions

Spray an 8x8 baking dish (or one similar sized). Have cereal and chocolate chips close by.

Put first three ingredients in medium-large microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, then stir (creme will puff). Heat for 15-30 more seconds, depending on strength of your oven.

Remove and stir well, then immediately add cereal and chips and stir and fold them in. When everything is coated, put in dish and spread/pack down to make flat. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 1 hour.

Cut into squares and eat! Great with a cup of tea or glass of milk!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!