Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!

Friday, March 15, 2013

Easy Baked Tilapia

When I was a gym rat (before marriage and kids), I would always eat fish for dinner. I mean, like every evening. That's why you can't get Orange Roughy anymore; I ate it all. :-) Anyway, we have been going beef and pork free in our home (alas, bacon, I do miss you), and we've been feeling SO much better because of it. I am getting tired of chicken, so I remembered that I would cook fish, years ago, from frozen. So, I tried it with Tilapia and it is very tasty and tender and not dry. And not fishy tasting either, which is nice because fishy fish isn't good, even though it is fish.




Ingredients

  • frozen Tilapia filets (see below for how many)
  • garlic powder (NOT salt)
  • Old Bay seasoning
  • cooking spray

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray (I used an 11 x 15). Place desired amount of filets in dish. They can overlap a little, but you cannot double layer them, as they won't bake properly. They will shrink as they bake, so halfway through you can scoot them around so they are all flat on the bottom of the dish.

Spray filets with cooking spray. Sprinkle desired amount of garlic powder and Old Bay on fish. Stick in oven and bake for 17 minutes. Rearrange a little, if necessary; bake 5 more minutes (or until fish is white and flakes with a fork).

Fish will continue to cook some in dish, so it doesn't need to be super flaky when you take it out. Mostly just needs to be opaque (all white) and tender .

Serve with rice and steamed broccoli or a spinach salad.  Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!